Wednesday, August 17, 2011

17 August 2011 - Ezekiel 3:14-15

"The spirit lifted me up and bore me away; I went in bitterness in the heat of  my spirit, the hand of the LORD being strong upon me.  I came to the exiles at Tel-abib, who lived by the river Chebar.  And I sat there among them, stunned, for seven days."

In the Spirit,
I was afraid
Yet the Lord carried
Me in safety to
The place where
The lonely found life:
The River of Creation
Flows past those
Who are unaware:  Exiled,
They do not know the
Place beneath the surface;
The Life in the current
of God's Eternal Waters
Among them, I found
Despair.  Among them,
I found emptiness
I cannot return to
The River alone
Against my will,
I was set among
The lonely, to lead them
Into the River
Immerse them
In God's Holy Baptism
Drown them
In the Peace
Of Eternal Understanding
***
Who are these who
I am charged to teach?
Who are they but
My brothers and my sisters?
I sit at the River's edge
And wait.

(c) 17 August 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment